Treadmill Forum banner
  • Hey, everyone! Check out our Horizon 7.0 AT Giveaway HERE
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am new to running. Can someone please tell me why the most popular calorie burners are the treadmill and the exercise bike? With the treadmill, I understand that it reduces the risk of injury from heel strikes. What's the point of having an exercise bike if you can ride around the neighborhood and get some fresh air? I've been cycling since I was a child, and I've been thinking about getting home trainers and don't know how to use them to get the most out of it. For now prefer to ride it, but I need to improve my riding skills even at home. Thanks to all!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all! I am new to running. Can someone please tell me why the most popular calorie burners are the treadmill and the exercise bike? With the treadmill, I understand that it reduces the risk of injury from heel strikes. What's the point of having an exercise bike if you can ride around the neighborhood and get some fresh air? I've been cycling since I was a child, and I've been thinking about getting home trainers and don't know how to use them to get the most out of it. For now prefer to ride it, but I need to improve my riding skills even at home. Thanks to all!
30 minutes of exercise on a stationary bike at a comfortable pace will deprive you of only 260 kcal, and a more intense workout will burn 391 kcal.
On a treadmill, you will burn 15-20% more calories than on an exercise bike at a similar intensity of work.
Both the treadmill and the stationary bike increase the body's aerobic capacity (the ability to consume and use more oxygen to work the muscles) and strengthen and strengthen the cardiovascular system. But the track makes it a little better. So the choice is yours!
If you want to learn more about treadmills, please read here more!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts